Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
World Health Organization.
WHO Qualityrights tool kit.
Geneva, Switzerland : World Health Organization, 2012
|Material Type:||Document, Government publication, International government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Michelle Funk; Natalie Drew; World Health Organization.; World Health Organization. Department of Mental Health and Substance Dependence. Mental Health Policy and Service Development.
|Description:||1 online resource (vi, 93 pages)|
1. Introduction --
2. WHO QualityRights tool kit --
3. Who can use the tool kit? --
4. Establish a project management team and objectives --
5. Establish an assessment framework --
6 Establish the assessment committee(s) and their working method --
7. Train the members of the assessment committee(s) --
8. Establish the authority of the committee(s) --
9. Prepare consent forms and seek ethical approval --
10. Schedule and conduct the assessment --
11. Observe the facilities --
12. Review facility documentation --
13. Interview service users, family members (or friends or carers) and staff --
14. Report the results of the assessment --
15. Use the results of the assessment --
Annex 1. Principles of recovery-oriented mental health practice --
Annex 2. Legal capacity and supported decision-making --
Annex 3. Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities --
Annex 4. Themes, standards and criteria of the WHO QualityRights tool kit --
Annex 5. Examples of sample sizes for different types of facilities, according to number of staff and service users --
Annex 6. Sample consent forms for interviewees participating in an assessment.
|Other Titles:||Country-wide assessment report.
Facility-based assessment report.
Review of documents and observation tool.
WHO Quality Rights tool kit
World Health Organization QualityRights tool kit
Assessing and improving quality and human rights in mental health and social care facilities
The aim of the WHO QualityRights tool kit is to support countries in assessing and improving the quality and human rights of their mental health and social care facilities. The tool kit is based on an extensive international review by people with mental disabilities and their organizations. It has been pilot-tested in low-, middle- and high-income countries and is designed to be applied in all of these resource settings.--P. 3.
- Mental health.
- Mental health services -- Standards.
- Human rights.
- Medical care -- Quality.
- National health services.
- People with disabilities -- Mental health services.
- Mental Health.
- Mental Health Services -- standards.
- Human Rights.
- Quality of Health Care.
- National Health Programs.
- Medical social work.
- Mental health laws.
- Mental health policy.
- Mental health services.
- Social work.
- Social Science.