Find a copy in the library
|Named Person:||Juan Crisostomo Arriaga; Giovanni Battista Pergolesi; Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart; Giovanni Bellini; Fritz Wunderlich; Henry Purcell; Johann Strauss|
|Document Type:||Sound Recording|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||" Graham Webster wrote and presented "The World of Music" programs on radio 4MBS Classic FM, Brisbane, over a 10 year period. Many of the programs were prepared using the resources of the music collection at the State Library of Queensland". --from sleeve notes.|
|Description:||1 compact disc : stereo, digital ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Series Title:||Graham Webster's world of music, WOM69.|
|Other Titles:||Johann Strauss II|
Program 2: Johann Strauss II. On June 3rd 1899, Johann Strauss the Second died. Our feature traces his life from his early years when his father, Johann Strauss the First, lived sumptouosly with his mistress, while keeping his family on a miserly allowance. The boy's mother did all she could to bring out her son's musical potential, hoping that one day he would rival his father, if not surpass him.
- Arriaga, Juan Crisostomo, -- 1806-1826.
- Pergolesi, Giovanni Battista, -- 1710-1736.
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus, -- 1756-1791.
- Bellini, Giovanni, -- 1430-1516.
- Wunderlich, Fritz, -- 1930-1966.
- Purcell, Henry, -- 1659-1695.
- Strauss, Johann, -- 1825-1899.
- Composers -- Austria -- Biography.
- Composers -- Biography.
- Poets -- Biography.
- Artists -- Biography.