Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Why are so many black men in prison?
[United States] : Full Surface Pub., ©2007
|Named Person:||Demico Boothe|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||"A comprehensive account of how and why the prison industry has become a predatory entity in the lives of African-American men, and how mass targeting, criminalization, and incarceration of Black male youth has gone toward creating the largest prison system in the world."|
|Description:||156 pages ; 23 cm|
|Contents:||Introduction: why I wrote this book --
My story: my Incarceration, my release, and my re-incarceration --
The incarceration and disenfranchisement of African-American men: a historical and present perspective --
The affects that the mass incarceration of Black men is having on the Black community: how rap music, miseducation, and the criminal justice system play a part --
What steps we can take to stop this crisis: what the Black community and the federal government can do.
- African American prisoners.
- African American men -- Effect of imprisonment on.
- African American young men -- Social conditions.
- African American men -- Social conditions.
- Prisons -- Government policy -- United States.
- Criminal justice, Administration of -- United States.
- United States -- Race relations.
- Boothe, Demico -- Imprisonment.
- African American men -- Biography.
- African American prisoners -- Biography.