Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Present too is information on his association with such projects as an excursion of American millers to London, Paris, Amsterdam, and Rotterdam (1891); shipment of flour to Russia during a wheat famine (1891-1893); his work with Herbert C. Hoover in shipping flour to Belgium during World War I (1914-1915); and his speeches in England on the American war effort (1918).
Included also are data on construction of the Trans-Siberian Railroad (1894); Bates Label Company (Minneapolis), in which Edgar was a stockholder (1904-1907); reasons for the omission of the sixth verse from Julia Ward Howe's "Battle Hymn of the Republic" (1921-1922); economic conditions in Germany (1922-1923); Marjorie Edgar's experiences in Great Britain while studying the Girl Guide program (1920); her work in collecting Finnish folk songs; and family history. The papers also contain many autograph items from American and European notables.
- Dorey family.
- Edgar, Anne Robinson, -- approximately 1860-1949.
- Edgar family.
- Howe, Julia Ward, -- 1819-1910.
- Riley, James Whitcomb, -- 1849-1916.
- Sill family.
- Bates Label Company (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Gardner Mill (Hastings, Minn.)
- Girl Guides Association.
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America.
- Washburn-Crosby Co.
- Northwestern miller.
- Business enterprises -- Minnesota.
- Famines -- Russia.
- Finnish Americans -- Minnesota.
- Flour industry -- Great Britain.
- Flour industry -- Minnesota.
- Folk songs, Finnish.
- Journalism -- Minnesota.
- Music -- Minnesota.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Civilian relief -- Belgium.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Food supply -- Belgium.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Public opinion.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations.
- Balkan Peninsula -- History -- War of 1912-1913.
- Belgium -- History -- German Occupation, 1914-1918.
- England -- Description and travel.
- Mexico -- History -- Revolution, 1910-1920.
- Minneapolis (Minn.)
- Minnesota -- Newspapers.
- Russia -- Description and travel.