Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
|Named Person:||Charles Abbott; Harvey Breit; Donald Clifford Gallup; Verner W Clapp; Luther Harris Evans; L Quincy Mumford; James Laughlin; Robert E Knoll; Denise Levertov|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William Carlos Williams
|Language Note:||Books in many languages.|
|Notes:||In part, photocopies and typewritten transcripts.|
|Description:||ca. 1500 items.|
Also includes Voice of America broadcast materials; information pertaining to the Pulitzer Prize and other awards won by Williams; correspondence and other papers of James Murray, a lawyer, regarding Williams's disagreement with the Library of Congress over the poetry consultant position and also Murray's organization of the poet's copyrights following his dispute with New Directions (which led to later affiliation with Random House); and many books and proofsheets, some of which were personally owned by Williams. Correspondents of Florence Williams include Kenneth Burke, Richard Johns, Robert Knoll, and Denise Levertov. Library of Congress correspondents of James F. Murray include Verner Clapp, Luther H. Evans, and L. Quincy Mumford. Other persons represented include Robert Coles, Bram Dijkstra, Gladys Eckhardt, Donald Gallup, Ron Loewinsohn, Christopher MacGowan, Paul Mariani, Norman Holmes Pearson, Rod Townley, Robert Penn Warren, Williams's son, William Eric Williams, and Mike Weaver.
- American poetry -- 20th century -- Sources.
- Medicine -- Practice -- New Jersey -- Rutherford.
- Family medicine -- New Jersey -- Rutherford.
- Literary prizes.
- Pulitzer Prizes.
- Awards -- United States.
- Copyright -- United States.
- Authors and publishers -- United States.
- Rutherford (N.J.)
- Abbott, Charles, -- -1992 -- Correspondence.
- Breit, Harvey -- Correspondence.
- New Directions Publishing Corp.
- Random House (Firm)
- Library of Congress.
- Gallup, Donald Clifford, -- 1913-2000 -- Correspondence.
- Clapp, Verner W. -- (Verner Warren), -- 1901-1972 -- Correspondence.
- Evans, Luther Harris, -- 1902-1981 -- Correspondence.
- Rutherford Free Public Library (Rutherford, N.J.)
- Mumford, L. Quincy -- (Lawrence Quincy), -- 1903-1982 -- Correspondence.
- Voice of America (Organization)
- Laughlin, James, -- 1914-1997. -- Correspondence.
- Knoll, Robert E. -- Correspondence.
- Levertov, Denise, -- 1923-1997 -- Correspondence.