Criticism, interpretation, etc
Records and correspondence
Watson, James G. (James Gray), 1939-
Austin : University of Texas Press, 2000
|提及的人：||William Faulkner; William Faulkner; William Faulkner; William Faulkner; William Faulkner; William Faulkner; William Faulkner|
|資料類型：||傳記, 文獻, 政府刊物, 州政府或者省政府刊物, 網際網路資源|
James G Watson
|複製注釋：||Electronic reproduction. [S.l.] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010. MiAaHDL|
|描述：||1 online resource (xvi, 255 pages) : illustrations.|
|詳述：||Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002.|
|叢書名：||Literary modernism series.|
|責任：||by James G. Watson.|
"In this book, James Watson draws on the entire Faulkner canon, including letters and even photographs, to decipher the complicated ways in which Faulkner put himself forth through written performances and displays based in and expressive of his emotional biography. The topics Watson treats include the overtly performative aspects of The Sound and the Fury and related manuscripts and privately written records of Faulkner's life, the ways in which his complicated marriage and his relationships to male mentors underlie recurring motifs in his fiction such as marriage and fatherhood, his reading of Melville, Hawthorne, and Thoreau, and his working out through them the problematics of authorial sovereignty, his presentation of himself as "Old Moster," the artist-God of his fictional cosmos; and the complex of personal and epistolary relationships that lies behind novels from Soldiers' Pay to Requiem for a Nun."--Jacket.
- Faulkner, William, -- 1897-1962 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Faulkner, William, -- 1897-1962 -- Contributions in autobiography.
- Letter writing -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Faulkner, William, -- 1897-1962 -- Correspondence.
- American letters -- History and criticism.
- Modernism (Literature) -- United States.
- Self-presentation in literature.
- Narration (Rhetoric)
- Faulkner, William, -- 1897-1962 -- Criticism and interpretation -- Correspondence.
- Faulkner, William, -- 1897-1962 -- Critique et interprétation.
- Faulkner, William, -- 1897-1962 -- Correspondance.
- Modernisme (Littérature) -- États-Unis.
- Présentation de soi dans la littérature.
- Écrivains américains -- 20e siècle -- Biographies.
- LITERARY CRITICISM -- American -- General.
- Faulkner, William, -- 1897-1962.
- American letters.
- Letter writing.
- Modernism (Literature)
- United States.