Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Personal narratives, Confederate
|Named Person:||William Blackwall; Robert Fishburne; William Fishburne; Paul Hamilton; Aratius B Hull; Henry Middleton; Alexander Moultrie; Charles Cotesworth Pinckney; Thomas Pinckney; Jonathan Trumbull|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Letter, 6 Oct. 1798, Pon Pon, S.C., from Paul Hamilton, re his illness and soliciting support in his political campaign against Dr. Bellinger; tax return, 27 May 1800, Round O, St. Bartholomew's Parish, S.C., listing values of land holdings and slaves; letter, 22 Feb. 1806, from Alexander Moultrie, re death of Maj. Snipes and financial complications involving the Virginia Company and Yazoo lands.
Letter, 21 Aug. 1809, Huntington, Conn., Aratius B. Hull, to Fishburne, near Jacksonboro, [Colleton Co., S.C.] re sea voyage from Charleston to New York, negotiations with Great Britain, popularity of Paul Hamilton, death of Gov. Jonathan Trumbull, and questioning competency of current leaders; letter, 21 May [1812?], from Henry Middleton, re Fishburne's command of troops, military development of S.C. coast, and organization of military regiments.
Letter, 29 Aug. 1812, Columbia, S.C., Henry Middleton, to Fishburne, re appointment as Maj. Gen. of S.C. Militia, 2nd Division; letter, 26 Jan. 1815, Savannah, Ga., Thomas Pinckney, to William Fishburne, Jacksonboro, re meeting Gen. Cuthbert and his request that Cuthbert detach certain units; estate papers, Sept. 1819-5 June 1822, re Fishburne's estate in account with Richard H. Fishburne.
Advertisement, c. 1819, re sale of William Fishburne's lands; inventory and appraisement, c. 1819, re Fishburne's estate including identification of slaves by name and assessed monetary value; survey, 27 Mar. 1857, Colleton District, S.C., by James Sanders, conveying Social or Friendly Hall Plantation to Susan G. Davis and identifying surrounding property, rice lands, with sketch of living quarters; letter, 27 July 1861, Vienna, Va., Robert Fishburne, Jr., to "Eddie," re Battle of Mannassas; and undated letter, Hope Plantation, A.E. Morris, to William Fishburne, re rebuilding plantation house.
- Blackwall, William -- Correspondence.
- Fishburne, Robert -- Correspondence.
- Fishburne, William, -- 1760-1819 -- Estate.
- Hamilton, Paul, -- 1762-1816 -- Correspondence.
- Hull, Aratius B. -- Correspondence.
- Middleton, Henry, -- 1770-1846 -- Correspondence.
- Moultrie, Alexander, -- 1750-1807 -- Correspondence.
- Pinckney, Charles Cotesworth, -- 1746-1825 -- Correspondence.
- Pinckney, Thomas, -- 1750-1828 -- Correspondence.
- Trumbull, Jonathan, -- 1740-1809 -- Death and burial.
- South Carolina Volunteers. -- Militia. -- 2nd Division.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Great Britain.
- Rice trade -- South Carolina -- Colleton County.
- African Americans -- South Carolina -- Colleton County.
- Yazoo Land Companies.
- Episcopal Church -- South Carolina -- Clergy -- History -- 19th century.
- Bull Run, 1st Battle of, Va., 1861 -- Personal narratives, Confederate.
- Charleston (S.C.) -- Social life and customs.
- South Carolina -- History -- War of 1812.