Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Albert Coates; Cochran family.; Shirley Cochrane; William McWhorter Cochrane; Graves family.; B Everett Jordan; McWhorter family.; Terry Sanford|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William McWhorter Cochrane
|Notes:||In the Southern Historical Collection, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (#5079).|
|Description:||43,000 items (70.5 linear ft.).|
Political materials detail Cochrane's activities on Capitol Hill from the early 1950s to the mid-1990s and chiefly concern the Senate Committee on Rules and Administration. These materials also document Cochrane's work with presidential inauguration ceremonies; Senator W. Kerr Scott; Senator B. Everett Jordan; the Joint Congressional Committee on the Library; the Architect of the Capitol; and Terry Sanford, as well as Cochrane's vast network of friends and colleagues in North Carolina and Washington, D.C.
Correspondence, reports, clippings, lists, and other materials also relate to Cochrane's interest and involvement in North Carolina state politics and affairs, the B. Everett Jordan Lake and Dam, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and the Institute of Government. Family history material, extensive clippings, and pictures are also included.
- B. Everett Jordan Lake (N.C.)
- Coates, Albert, -- 1896-1989.
- Cochran family.
- Cochrane, Shirley, -- 1925-
- Cochrane, William McWhorter, -- 1917-
- Families -- North Carolina -- Social life and customs.
- Graves family.
- Jordan, B. Everett -- (Benjamin Everett)
- Library of Congress -- History.
- McWhorter family.
- Newton (N.C.) -- Social life and customs.
- North Carolina -- Politics and government.
- Political campaigns -- North Carolina -- History -- 20th century.
- Presidents -- United States -- Inauguration -- History.
- Sailors -- United States -- History -- World War, 1939-1945.
- Sanford, Terry, -- 1917-1998.
- United States. -- Architect of the Capitol.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate. -- Committee on Rules and Administration.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate -- Officials and employees.
- United States. -- Naval Reserve -- History -- 20th century.
- United States. -- Navy -- History -- World War, 1939-1945.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
- University of North Carolina (1793-1962). -- Institute of Government.
- University of North Carolina (1793-1962) -- Students -- History -- 20th century.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- History -- 20th century.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. -- Institute of Government.
- Women authors, American -- 20th century.