|提及的人：||Johann Gottfried Arends; William Thornton Whitsett; Burke family.; Cheek family.; Cobb family.; Cummings family.; Field family.; Hall family.; Hodgins family.; Kernodle family.; Ledbetter family.; Lowdermilk family.; Osborne family.; Pugh family.; Raper family.; Ross family.; Simpson family.; Stimson family.; Summers family.; Trogdon family.; Wheeler family.|
William Thornton Whitsett
|注意：||In the Southern Historical Collection, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (#1899).
In part typed transcriptions.
|描述：||ca. 150 items.|
Speeches, articles, and other historical papers of Whitsett, most of which were presented at family reunions and church anniversary celebrations. Churches represented include the Lutheran, Presbyterian, Quaker, and Methodist communities in Guilford, Alamance, and surrounding counties. Families represented include the Burke, Cheek, Cobb, Cummings, Field, Hall, Hodgins, Kernodle, Ledbetter, Lowdermilk, Osborne, Pugh, Raper, Ross, Simpson, Stinson, Summers, Trogdon, and Wheeler. Also present are typed copies of 18th century church records of German settlers n North Carolina (in English) kept by John Gottfried Arends (1740-1776).
- Arends, Johann Gottfried, -- 1740-1807.
- Whitsett, William Thornton, -- 1866-1934.
- German Americans -- North Carolina -- History -- 19th century.
- Historians -- North Carolina.
- Lutherans -- North Carolina.
- Methodists -- North Carolina -- History.
- Presbyterians -- North Carolina -- History.
- Quakers -- North Carolina -- History.
- Alamance County (N.C.) -- History.
- Guilford County (N.C.) -- History.
- North Carolina -- Church history.
- North Carolina -- Genealogy.
- North Carolina -- Religion.
- Burke family.
- Cheek family.
- Cobb family.
- Cummings family.
- Field family.
- Hall family.
- Hodgins family.
- Kernodle family.
- Ledbetter family.
- Lowdermilk family.
- Osborne family.
- Pugh family.
- Raper family.
- Ross family.
- Simpson family.
- Stimson family.
- Summers family.
- Trogdon family.
- Wheeler family.