Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Willie Dixon; Willie Dixon; Willie Dixon|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|ISBN:||9780810869936 0810869934 9780810869943 0810869942|
|Description:||XXXI, 443 S : Ill., Notenbeisp.|
|Contents:||Dixon's youth : the cultural basis for the new interpretation of Dixon's compositions --
Dixon's early musical experiences --
Willie Dixon's early groups --
Willie Dixon and Chess Records --
Willie Dixon's compositions in the first Chess Records period (1953-1956) --
Cobra Records period --
The second Chess Records period.
|Series Title:||African American cultural theory and heritage|
Willie Dixon's work cannot be confined to his work as a composer, arranger, producer, and bass player. Over the course of his life and through his experience, he grew as a blues spokesperson into the
- Dixon, Willie, -- 1915-1992 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Blues (Music) -- History and criticism.
- Blues (Music) -- Analysis, appreciation.
- Dixon, Willie, -- 1915-1992.
- Dixon, Willie.
- Blues (Music) -- Analysis, appreciation
- Blues (Music) -- History and criticism
- Dixon, Willie, 1915-1992 -- Criticism and interpretation