Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Young adult fiction
Dust jackets (Bindings)
|Material Type:||Fiction, Secondary (senior high) school|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Laurie Halse Anderson; Viking.
|Awards:||A Junior Library Guild selection|
|Description:||278 pages ; 22 cm|
|Responsibility:||Laurie Halse Anderson.|
WorldCat User Reviews (2)
Teenage ME would have loved this book!
I enjoyed Laurie Halse Anderson's Wintergirls. Yes, the main character / narrator Lia is awfully self centered and unwilling to cooperate with anyone who wants to genuinely help her. But she is disturbed and self-destructive and intensely interesting. I think this book is great for teens, and not...
- 1 of 1 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
A fast paced easy to read novel that grabs you from the first page. Although the subject matter is grim, it is handled in a way that is not overly depressing and makes the reader sympathizes with all involved. Lia and Cassie are best friends with different eating disorders. Told through the eyes of...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Anorexia nervosa -- Juvenile fiction.
- Anorexia nervosa -- Fiction.
- Death -- Juvenile fiction.
- Death -- Fiction.
- Best friends -- Death -- Juvenile fiction.
- Best friends -- Death -- Fiction.
- Young women -- Juvenile fiction.
- Young women -- Fiction.
- Guilt -- Juvenile fiction.
- Guilt -- Fiction.
- Stepfamilies -- Juvenile fiction.
- Stepfamilies -- Fiction.
User lists with this item (33)
- RGS Acknowledging the other (Year 9)(212 items)
by purcell_j updated about 22 hours ago
- RGS Mental Health(42 items)
by purcell_j updated about 5 days ago
- Year 9 ROAD: Life and Loss(42 items)
by genazzanolib updated about a week ago
- Things to Check Out(250 items)
by 1000138880 updated 2016-01-13
- Things to Check Out(1 items)
by andersonkj13 updated 2015-12-28