온라인으로 문서 찾기
이 항목에 대한 링크
도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
|명시된 사람:||Diana Wynne Jones|
|자료 유형:||눈문/학위논문, 필사본, 인터넷 자료|
|문서 형식:||책, 아카이브 자료, 인터넷 자원|
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
Elizabeth A Crowe
|설명:||69 p. ; 28 cm.|
|책임:||by Elizabeth A. Crowe.|
Jones's unusual childhood has influenced her writing, and a brief biography of Jones's life provides insight into her work--why certain themes have greater interest to her over others. Recurring themes in her books include alienation, empowerment, and identification. Through often convoluted plots, she encourages her readers to think for themselves. From her stories, readers learn to appreciate and accept the complexity and inexplicability of life. While her themes are consistent, her work varies. Some of her work is humorous, some is based on myths, some leans more towards science fiction than fantasy, and some seems more like fantasy than science fiction. Despite this diversity, Jones consistently seeks to learn from her own work by questioning basic assumptions and endeavors to contribute wisdom to her readers through her fiction. Jones uses myth and the heroic ideal to encourage readers to question their motives and recognize the empowerment that comes from self-sacrifice.
- Jones, Diana Wynne -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Fantasy fiction, English -- History and criticism.
- Children's literature -- History and criticism.
- Young adult literature -- History and criticism.
- Diana Wynne Jones, British literature, fantasy, children's literature, young adult literature, speculative fiction.