Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Document, Government publication, State or province government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
R D W Connor; North Carolina. Department of Public Instruction.; Woman's Association for the Betterment of Public School Houses in North Carolina.; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Documenting the American South (Project); University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Library.
|Notes:||Title from electronic title page (viewed Mar. 24, 2003).
This electronic edition is part of the UNC-CH digitization project's database, Documenting the American South. It is a part of the collection The North Carolina experience, beginnings to 1940.
Text transcribed by Apex Data Services, Inc. Images scanned by Tampathia Evans. Text encoded by Apex Data Services, Inc., Tampathia Evans and Melissa Meeks.
|Details:||Mode of access: Internet World Wide Web.; System requirements: PC with modem or direct Internet connection; SGML viewer required for SGML files.|
|Contents:||Contents of pt. 2, Reports from the field: Western North Carolina --
Eastern North Carolina --
At Maysville --
At Havelock --
Sheffield School-House --
Oriental School-House --
Smallpox interferes --
Beech Grove and Lima --
Roanoke Island --
Wanchese and Sky Co. --
Sugar Maple --
Brier Neck --
Kit Swamp --
Results and suggestions --
How a Wayne County school was improved --
Eagle Rock School, Wake County --
Miss Abernathy's second year's work at Eagle Rock --
A Greene County school --
Snow Hill School, Greene County --
A log school-house.
|Other Titles:||North Carolina experience, beginnings to 1940.|
|Responsibility:||by R.D.W. Connor.|
- Woman's Association for the Betterment of Public School Houses in North Carolina -- History.
- School buildings -- North Carolina.
- School facilities -- North Carolina.
- Public schools -- North Carolina.
- School improvement programs -- North Carolina.
- Women -- North Carolina -- Societies and clubs -- History.
- Women in education -- North Carolina.
- Woman's Association for the Betterment of Public School Houses in North Carolina.
- Public schools.
- School buildings.
- School facilities.
- School improvement programs.
- Women in education.
- Women -- Societies and clubs.
- North Carolina.