Barbara Palmer; Dennis Michael Simon
|ISBN:||9781588268150 1588268152 9781588268402 1588268403|
|描述：||xiv, 283 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.|
Women of the early twentieth century --
A long slow road: the integration of women into Congress --
Arrested development: a history of careerism and incumbency --
Keeping it in the family: widows, daughters, and mothers --
Women as targets: understanding the competitive environment --
Red vs blue: a history of the party gap --
Demographics is destiny: where women are elected --
Women of the twenty-first century.
|丛书名：||Tower Center political studies.|
|责任：||Barbara Palmer and Dennis Simon.|
Since 1916, when the first woman was elected to the US Congress, fewer than 10% of all members have been women. Why is this number so extraordinarily small? And how has the presence of women in the electoral area changed over the past 100 years? This book aims to answer these questions.
- Women -- Political activity -- United States -- History.
- Women legislators -- United States -- History.
- Women political candidates -- United States -- History.
- United States. -- Congress -- Elections -- History.
- United States. -- Congress.
- Women legislators.
- Women -- Political activity.
- Women political candidates.
- United States.