|関連の人物：||Hildegard, Saint; Mechthild, of Magdeburg; Julian, of Norwich; Mechthild, von Magdeburg.; Hildegard, sainte; Mechtilde, de Magdebourg; Julienne, de Norwich; Juliana, von Norwich.; Hildegard, von Bingen.; Mechthild, von Magdeburg.|
|形態||174 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.|
|コンテンツ：||Chapters on Hildegard of Bingen --
Mechthild of Magdeburg --
Julian of Norwich.
here more fully revealed to a 20th-century audience by Frances Beer's close textual analysis of her work, supported by such biographical detail as remains. Their social milieu and historical context, carefully considered, also help us to understand them as individuals: however liberated, they are to some extent products of their environments. Hildegard's perception of her Creator is informed by the heroic ideal, while Mechthild's erotic experience seems to reveal the.
influence of the minnesingers. The solitary Julian's experience of tender intimacy with her Lord, to be shared with any who would be Christ's lovers, reveals an egalitarian confidence in the ability of the individual soul to progress towards oneness with the divine. Each of the writers displays her 'womanliness' in a variety of ways - Hildegard by the inclusion of grand female figures such as Ecclesia and Synagogue, Mechthild by the elevation of the Virgin to divine.
status, equal to her son, and Julian by her understanding of the motherhood of God. Their individual natures are also further revealed through the author's examination of their resolution of a number of theological problems. By contrast, the works of two medieval men writing for women are also explored, for an indication of the degree to which their approach might be informed by antifeminism, and to compare their approach to the experience of union with that of.
Hildegard, Mechthild or Julian.
- Hildegard, -- Saint, -- 1098-1179.
- Mechthild, -- of Magdeburg, -- approximately 1212-approximately 1282.
- Julian, -- of Norwich, -- 1343-
- Women mystics -- Biography.
- Mysticism -- History -- Middle Ages, 600-1500.
- Mechthild, -- von Magdeburg.
- Hildegard, -- sainte, -- 1098-1179.
- Mechtilde, -- de Magdebourg, -- ca 1212-ca 1282.
- Julienne, -- de Norwich, -- née 1343.
- Femmes mystiques -- Biographies.
- Mysticisme -- Histoire -- 600-1500 (Moyen Âge).
- Juliana -- von Norwich.
- Hildegard -- von Bingen.
- Mechthild -- von Magdeburg.
- Religiöse Erfahrung.
- Christianity -- Mysticism