Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Women and paid work in Ireland, 1500-1930.
Dublin ; Portland, OR : Four Courts Press, c2000
|Material Type:||Conference publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Bernadette Whelan; Women's History Association of Ireland. Conference
|Notes:||"The tenth annual conference of the Women's History Association of Ireland was held in 1998 in the University of Limerick ... This volume of essays was an inevitable result of that conference"--P. 9.|
|Description:||172 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||1. Women and paid work in rural Ireland c.1500-1800 / Mary O'Dowd --
2. Women and business in eighteenth-century Dublin : a case study / Catherine Cox --
3. Women and work in nineteenth- and early twentieth-century Ireland : an overview / Maria Luddy --
4. The nineteenth-century governess : image and reality / Deirdre Raftery --
5. The female industrial movement, 1845-52 / Maura Cronin --
6. Matrons in Mountjoy Female Convict Prison, 1858-83 / Rena Lohan --
7. Women in the medical profession in Ireland, 1876-1919 / Irene Finn --
8. Childcare arrangements within the Belfast linen community, 1890-1930 / Jonathan Hamill --
9. Flower power and 'mental grooviness' : nurses and midwives in Ireland in the early twentieth century / Margaret Ó hÓgartaigh.
|Responsibility:||edited by Bernadette Whelan.|