Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Curry, Barbara K.
Women in power.
New York : Teachers College Press, ©2000
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Barbara K Curry
|Description:||1 online resource (xi, 110 pages).|
|Contents:||Making our way through life --
1. Classic representations of leadership : Task-related discussions of leadership ; Power differentials and egalitarianism ; Great men and mythical leaders ; Attributes, personal characteristics, and character traits ; Comparisons of men and women leaders ; An emerging approach to leadership --
2. A framework for analysis of the leader persona : The leader persona and individual identity ; A theory of leader identity development ; women's construction of their leader persona ; Achieving the truce --
3. The confluence of past experiences and present circumstances : Identity development through maturation ; Leader pathways through psychosocial development ; The significance of defining experiences on the leader identity ; Individuals and leaders as socially constructed --
4. Transcendent themes and the leader persona : Transcendent themes ; Transcendent themes and instrumentation in the process of leading --
5. The esthetics of the leader persona and the practice of proaction and self-study : The esthetics of the leader persona defined ; The convergence of conferred identity and professional constructions ; Phenomenological epistemological processes ; The influence of social contexts on the emergence of the leader esthetics ; The fusion of social contexts ; Proaction in the design of the leader persona ; Toward developing a practice of proaction and self-study.
|Series Title:||Athene series.|
|Responsibility:||Barbara K. Curry ; foreword by Maxine Greene.|
- Women school administrators -- United States.
- Women educators -- United States.
- Educational leadership -- United States.
- Administratrices scolaires -- États-Unis.
- Éducatrices -- États-Unis.
- Leadership en éducation -- États-Unis.
- EDUCATION -- Leadership.
- Educational leadership.
- Women educators.
- Women school administrators.
- United States.