|类型/形式：||Personal narratives, Jewish
Herz, Gabriele, b. 1886.
Women's camp in Moringen.
New York : Berghahn Books, 2006
Gabriele Herz; Jane Caplan
|语言注释：||Translated from German.|
|描述：||vii, 183 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|责任：||Gabriele Herz ; translated by Hildegard Herz and Howard Hartig ; edited and with an introduction by Jane Caplan.|
"The Nazi regime opened its first concentration camps within weeks of coming to power, but with the exception of Dachau the history of these early, improvised camps and their inmates is not yet widely known. Gabriele Herz's memoir, published for the first time, is a unique record of a Jewish woman's detention in the first women's concentration camp in Moringen (housed in part of an old-established workhouse), at a time when most other inmates were communists or Jehovah's Witnesses. This original translation of her wry and perceptive memoir is accompanied by an extensive introduction that sets Herz's experience in the history both of political detention under the Nazi regime and of the German workhouse system."--Publisher's website.
- Herz, Gabriele, -- 1886-
- Moringen (Concentration camp)
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, Jewish.
- Jews -- Germany -- Biography.
- Political prisoners -- Germany -- Biography.
- Women concentration camp inmates -- Germany -- Biography.
- Moringen / Konzentrationslager.