도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
|추가적인 물리적 형식:||Online version:
Vowell, Sarah, 1969-
New York : Riverhead Books, 2008
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
|설명:||254 pages : map ; 22 cm|
|더 많은 정보:|
To this day, America views itself as a Puritan nation, but author Vowell investigates what that means--and what it should mean. What was this great political enterprise all about? Who were these people who are considered the philosophical, spiritual, and moral ancestors of our nation? What Vowell discovers is something far different from what their uptight shoe-buckles-and-corn reputation might suggest. The people she finds are highly literate, deeply principled, and surprisingly feisty. Their story is filled with pamphlet feuds, witty courtroom dramas, and bloody vengeance.--From publisher description.
WorldCat 사용자 리뷰 (1)
Reading history doesn't have to be a snore!
The Wordy Shipmates is well worth reading. This hilarious, yet informative peek into the creation of a colony, had made me want to learn more about the founding of the United States.
- 이 리뷰가 당신에게 도움이 되었습니까?
- Puritans -- New England -- History -- 17th century.
- New England -- Politics and government -- To 1775.
- Religion and politics -- New England -- History -- 17th century.
- Politics and government
- Religion and politics.
- New England.
- Puritanos -- Nueva Inglaterra -- Historia -- Siglo XVII.
- Nueva Inglaterra -- Política y gobierno -- Hasta 1775.
- Religión y política -- Nueva Inglaterra -- Historia -- Siglo XVII.