Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Yitzhak Samuel; Itzhak Harpaz
|ISBN:||0765802260 9780765802262 0765808099 9780765808097|
|Notes:||Includes some studies previously published between 1989 and 2002 in other books and various periodicals.|
|Description:||xi, 438 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.|
|Contents:||1. Trends and developments in work and organizations in Israel / Yitzhak Samuel and Itzhak Harpaz --
2. overview on work and organizations in Israel / Bilha Mannheim --
3. Determinants of Israeli judicial discretion in issuing injunctions against strikers / Guy Mundlak and Itzhak Harpaz --
4. Professional control as process : beyond structural theories / Michael I. Harrison --
5. Democratic justice regimes in work organizations : the case of Israeli taxi cooperatives / Asaf Darr and Alisa C. Lewin --
6. structure of the meaning of work : a relative stability amidst change / Itzhak Harpaz and Xuanning Fu --
7. Alternative models for antecedents and outcomes of work centrality and job satisfaction of high-tech personnel / Bilha Mannheim, Yehuda Baruch and Joseph Tal --
8. Power from what? : a reexamination of its relationships with structural conditions / Ran Lachman --
9. Stress-related aftermaths to workplace politics : an empirical assessment of the relationship among perceptions of politics, job distress, and aggressive behavior in organizations / Eran Vigoda --
10. Organizations between community and market : the case of the Kibbutz / Menachem Rosner --
11. Entrepreneurship in the Kibbutz setting : towards a classification of new business ventures / Yitzhak Samuel and Sibylle Heilbrunn --
12. Market embeddedness and corporate instability : the ecology of inter-industrial networks / Ilan Talmud and Gustavo Mesch --
13. power lies in the structure : economic policy forum networks in Israel / Daniel Maman --
14. Have globalization and liberalization "normalized" Israel's political economy? / Michael Shalev --
15. Gender-based wage and promotion discrimination in Israeli high-technology firms : do unions make a difference? / Peter Bamberger, Michal Admati-Dvir and Gedaliahu Harel 16. Short-term employment transitions of women in the Israeli labor force / Haya Stier --
17. history of the economic activity of Israeli Jewish women, 1955-1995 / Vered Kraus --
18. Contesting the limits of political participation : latinos and black African migrant workers in Israel / Adriana Kemp, Rebeca Raijman, Julia Resnik and Silvina Schammah Gesser --
19. Occupational closure and immigrant entrepreneurship : Russian Jews in Israel / Gustavo Mesch and Daniel Czamanski --
20. Minority labor force participation in the post-Fordist era : the case of the Arabs in Israel / Ahmad H. Sa'di and Noah Lewin-Epstein.
|Series Title:||Publication series of the Israel Sociological Society, v. 11.|
|Other Titles:||Work and organizations in Israel|
|Responsibility:||Yitzhak Samuel, Itzhak Harpaz, editors.|
- Work -- Social aspects -- Israel.
- Industrial relations -- Israel.
- Organizational behavior -- Israel.
- Social change -- Israel.
- Industrial sociology -- Israel.
- Industrial relations.
- Industrial sociology.
- Organizational behavior.
- Social change.
- Work -- Social aspects.