Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Law for laypersons
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||554 pages ; 23 cm|
|Contents:||Working for yourself : the good, the bad, and the ugly --
Choosing the legal form for your business --
Choosing and protecting your business name --
Home alone or outside office --
Obtaining licenses, permits, and identification numbers --
Insuring your business and yourself --
Pricing your services and getting paid --
Taxes and the self-employed --
Reducing your Income taxes --
The bane of self-employment taxes --
Paying estimated taxes --
Rules for salespeople, drivers, and clothing producers --
Taxes for workers you hire --
Record keeping and accounting made easy --
Safeguarding your self-employed status --
Retirement options for the self-employed --
Copyrights, patents, and trade secrets --
Using written client agreements --
Drafting your own client agreement --
Reviewing a client's agreement --
Help beyond this book.
|Other Titles:||Law & taxes for independent contractors, freelancers & consultants
Law and taxes for independent contractors, freelancers and consultants
|Responsibility:||Stephen Fishman, J.D.|
"Self-employed? Whether you're an independent contractor, freelancer, consultant, or considering self-employment, it all adds up to the same thing: you need to be more aware of laws and taxes than the average person. Get all the information you need to know to: obtain permits and licenses comply with strict IRS rules avoid unfair contracts"--
- Independent contractors -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States -- Popular works.
- Independent contractors -- Taxation -- United States -- Popular works.
- Self-employed -- Taxation -- Law and legislation -- United States -- Popular works.
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS -- Small Business.
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS -- Careers -- General.
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS -- Entrepreneurship.
- Independent contractors -- Legal status, laws, etc.
- Independent contractors -- Taxation.
- Self-employed -- Taxation -- Law and legislation.
- United States.