Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Law for laypersons
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9781413319811 1413319815 9781413319828 1413319823|
|Description:||554 pages ; 23 cm|
|Contents:||Working for Yourself: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly --
Choosing the Legal Form for Your Business --
Choosing and Protecting Your Business Name --
Home Alone or Outside Office --
Obtaining Licenses, Permits, and Identification Numbers --
Insuring Your Business and Yourself --
Pricing Your Services and Getting Paid --
Taxes and the Self-Employed --
Reducing Your Income Taxes --
The Bane of Self-Employment Taxes --
Paying Estimated Taxes --
Rules for Salespeople, Drivers, and Clothing Producers --
Taxes for Workers You Hire --
Record Keeping and Accounting Made Easy --
Safeguarding Your Self-Employed Status --
Retirement Options for the Self-Employed --
Copyrights, Patents, and Trade Secrets --
Using Written Client Agreements --
Drafting Your Own Client Agreement --
Reviewing a Client's Agreement --
Help Beyond This Book.
|Responsibility:||Stephen Fishman, J.D.|
"Self-employed? Whether you're an independent contractor, freelancer, consultant, or considering self-employment, it all adds up to the same thing: you need to be more aware of laws and taxes than the average person. Get all the information you need to know to: obtain permits and licenses comply with strict IRS rules avoid unfair contracts "--
- Independent contractors -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States -- Popular works.
- Independent contractors -- Taxation -- United States -- Popular works.
- Self-employed -- Taxation -- Law and legislation -- United States -- Popular works.
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Small Business.
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Careers / General.
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Entrepreneurship.