Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Early works to 1800
|Named Person:||Francis Bacon; Henry, King of England; Francis Bacon; Henry, King of England|
|Material Type:||Biography, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Francis Bacon; David Mallet; Andrew Millar; John Walthoe; Daniel Midwinter; William Innys; Daniel Browne; Charles Davis; Jacob III Tonson; R Tonson; Aaron Ward; Physical Society (Guy's Hospital),
|Language Note:||Includes works in English and in Latin.|
|Notes:||Spine title: "Bacon's works."
David Mallet's "Life of Francis Bacon" was re-issued as a separate publication in 1760 (cf. ESTC).
Title pages in red and black.
Imprint in v. 3 reads: "Printed for J. Walthoe, D. Midwinter, W. Innys ..."
List of subscribers in v. 1, p. [i]-iv.
V. 1: , iv, lxxxii, 394, , 124; v. 2: , 564, ; v. 3: , 586, ; v. 4: , 740,  p.,  leaves of plates (two folded).
Each volume has a special title page: "The works of Francis Bacon, Baron of Verulam, Viscount St. Alban, and Lord High Chancellor of England." v. 1-4 respectively, only v. 1 has the collective title page.
The ornaments are those used by Henry Woodfall (cf. ESTC).
Decorative head-pieces and tail-pieces.
Printed marginal notes.
Frontispiece portraits of Bacon in vols. 1, 3 and 4.
|Description:||4 volumes : illustrations, frontis., portrait ; 30 cm|
|Responsibility:||by Mr. Mallet.|
- Bacon, Francis, -- 1561-1626 -- Early works to 1800.
- Henry -- VII, -- King of England, -- 1457-1509 -- Early works to 1800.
- English prose literature -- 17th century -- Early works to 1800.
- Essays -- Early works to 1800.
- Philosophy, English -- 17th century -- Early works to 1800.
- Philosophy -- Early works to 1800.
- Political science -- Philosophy -- Early works to 1800.
- Bacon, Francis, -- 1561-1626.
- Henry -- VII, -- King of England, -- 1457-1509.
- English prose literature.
- Philosophy, English.
- Political science -- Philosophy.