Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Workways of governance.
Washington, D.C. : Governance Institute : Brookings Institution Press, ©2003
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Roger H Davidson
|Description:||1 online resource (xiv, 177 pages)|
|Contents:||Toward regular assessment of national governmental institutions / Roger H. Davidson --
House of representatives: managing legislative complexity / Roger H. Davidson --
Senate: does it deliberate? Can it act? / Sarah A. Binder --
President's advisory system: its capacity for governance / Kathryn Dunn Tenpas, Karen M. Hult --
Measuring the health of the federal public service / Paul C. Light --
Toward optimal judicial workways / Frank M. Coffin, Robert A. Katzmann --
Conclusion: How do we get there from here? / Roger H. Davidson --
A. Institutional checkup for the House of Representatives --
B. Institutional checkup for the Senate --
C. Perceived obstacles to performance: judges' questionnaire and responses.
|Responsibility:||Roger H. Davidson, editor.|
"The book, edited by Roger H. Davidson, founding director of the Governance Institute, is laid out in essay format and drawn predominantly from academics...Each essay provides essential information
- United States. -- Congress -- Evaluation.
- Administrative agencies -- United States -- Evaluation.
- Courts -- United States -- Evaluation.
- United States. -- Congress.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE -- Public Affairs & Administration.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE -- Government -- Executive Branch.
- Administrative agencies -- Evaluation.
- Adult services in public libraries -- Evaluation.
- Courts -- Evaluation.
- United States.