McCain, John, 1936-
Worth the fighting for.
New York : Random House, ©2002
|提及的人：||John McCain; John McCain; John McCain; John (Politiker) McCain|
John McCain; Mark Salter
|注意：||Originally published: Norwalk, Conn. : Easton Press, 2002.|
|描述：||xxvi, 396 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm|
Beautiful fatalism --
Last salute --
In opposition --
Viva Zapata! --
Following Barry --
John Tower's honor --
Keating Five --
Best ever --
Memorial Day --
Who are we and why are we here? --
A happier life in every way --
Straight talk --
|責任：||John McCain ; with Mark Salter.|
"After five and a half years as a prisoner of war in Vietnam, naval aviator John McCain returned home a changed man. Regaining his health and flight-eligibility status, he resumed his military career, commanding carrier pilots and serving as the navy's liaison to what is sometimes ironically called the world's most exclusive club, the United States Senate. Accompanying Senators John Tower and Henry "Scoop" Jackson on international trips, McCain began his political education in the company of two masters, leaders whose standards he would strive to maintain upon his election to the U.S. Congress. There, he learned valuable lessons in cooperation from a good-humored congressman from the other party, Morris Udall. In 1986, McCain was elected to the U.S. Senate, inheriting the seat of another role model, Barry Goldwater." "During his time in public office, McCain has seen acts of principle and acts of craven self-interest. He describes both extremes in these pages, with his characteristic straight talk and humor. He writes honestly of the lowest point in his career, the Keating Five savings and loan debacle, as well as his triumphant moments - his return to Vietnam and his efforts to normalize relations between the U.S. and Vietnamese governments; his fight for campaign finance reform; and his galvanizing bid for the presidency in 2000"--Jacket.
- McCain, John, -- 1936-
- Legislators -- United States -- Biography.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate -- Biography.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1981-1989.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1989-
- États-Unis. -- Congress. -- Senate -- Biographies.
- Parlementaires -- États-Unis -- Biographies.
- États-Unis -- Politique et gouvernement -- 1981-1989.
- États-Unis -- Politique et gouvernement -- 1989-
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate.
- Politics and government
- United States.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1989- -- Personal narratives.
- McCain, John (Politiker)