Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Worthington Chauncey Ford; John Quincy Adams; Abraham Lincoln; George Washington; David Ames Wells; Ford family.; Chauncey family.; Fowler family.|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Worthington Chauncey Ford; Brooks Adams; Charles Francis Adams; Henry Adams; James Truslow Adams; Samuel Flagg Bemis; John Bigelow; Albert J Beveridge; R R Bowker; Gamaliel Bradford; Richard Henry Dana; Wilberforce Eames; William Herbert Perry Faunce; Paul Leicester Ford; Albert Bushnell Hart; Galliard Hunt; M A De Wolfe Howe; J Franklin Jameson; Henry Cabot Lodge; A Lawrence Lowell; Charles Nordhoff; Herbert Putnam; James Ford Rhodes; Albert Shaw; Lindsay Swift; William Roscoe Thayer; Daniel Berkeley Updike; Mark Van Doren; Oswald Garrison Villard; Barrett Wendell
|Description:||75 linear feet (130 boxes)|
General correspondence, 1862-1938, is between Ford and historians, librarians, scholars, writers, publishers, booksellers, and lawyers, including extensive correspondence with Charles Francis Adams, Henry Cabot Lodge, James Ford Rhodes, and John Franklin Jameson. Family correspondence, 1870-1935, is chiefly incoming letters from many members of Ford's family. Most of the writings are drafts or hand-written manuscripts for works which Ford authored or edited and are concerned with American history and economics. Notes and transcripts are comprised of numerous transcripts of historical letters and other documents with research notes, annotated printed matter, and notebooks (some from Ford's student days.) Diaries, 1873-1918, contain brief entries concerning Ford's activities, and scrapbooks, ca. 1898-1931, consist mostly of clippings and other materials on a particular subject. Photographs are of Ford family members and of various personal and public subjects. Miscellaneous papers include personal papers, writings by individuals other than Ford, records of organizations with which he was affiliated, genealogical documents and biographical sketches of the Fowler and Chauncey families, financial accounts, and ephemera.
Printed matter consists of clippings, periodicals, pamphlets, and materials concerning the Lincoln forgeries.
- Ford, Worthington Chauncey, -- 1858-1941.
- Adams, John Quincy, -- 1767-1848.
- Lincoln, Abraham, -- 1809-1865.
- Washington, George, -- 1732-1799.
- Wells, David Ames, -- 1828-1898.
- Ford family.
- Chauncey family.
- Fowler family.
- American Historical Association.
- Boston Public Library.
- United States. -- Dept. of State. -- Bureau of Statistics.
- United States. -- Dept. of the Treasury. -- Bureau of Statistics.
- Library of Congress.
- Massachusetts Historical Society.
- Economic history.
- Finance -- Statistics.
- International economic relations.
- United States -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783.
- United States -- History -- 1783-1865.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States -- History -- 1865-1898.
- United States -- Economic conditions -- To 1865.
- United States -- Economic conditions -- 1865-1918.