|类型/形式：||Black humor (Literature)
|提及的人：||Jacob Grimm; Wilhelm Grimm; Jacob Grimm; Wilhelm Grimm|
|描述：||426 p. ; 25 cm.|
It's after midnight. Two gorillas are descending the side of a New York high-rise. Can that be? But this is only the beginning of Stephen Dobyns's dazzling new novel. Part quest (in pattern), part comic book (in tone), and chiefly an exploration of a young man's search for his missing fiancee, it deals with such matters as heroes, good and evil, wrestling, kidnapping, and subplots from the Brothers Grimm - all as regarded by an omniscient "camera eye". Come see Michael Marmaduke as he progresses from confused innocence to darker self-knowledge; meet Rose White and her sister Violet, along with Deep Rat, cops Brodsky and Gapski, and Primus Muldoon, manipulator of men, who calls on Nietzsche to draw aside the veil of illusion we hide behind. Stephen Dobyns has invented a compelling world where fun and puns mingle with daring make-believe, and larger-than-life characters play out the crucial human questions: How do we live? How do we handle our demons?
- Grimm, Jacob, -- 1785-1863 -- Stories, plots, etc. -- Fiction.
- Grimm, Wilhelm, -- 1786-1859 -- Stories, plots, etc. -- Fiction.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Fiction.
- Grimm, -- 1785-1863 -- Stories, -- Fiction
- Grimm, -- 1786-1859 -- Stories, -- Fiction
- New -- Fiction
- Grimm, Jacob, -- 1785-1863
- Grimm, Wilhelm, -- 1786-1859
- Plots (Drama, novel, etc.)
- New York (State) -- New York.