Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Early works to 1800|
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Cobbett, William, 1763-1835.
Year's residence, in the United States of America.
London : Printed for Sherwood, Neely and Jones, 1819 (J. M'Creery)
|Named Person:||Morris Birkbeck; Morris Birkbeck|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William Cobbett; Thomas Hulme
Reissue of the New York edition of 1818, part 1 of which had been issued separately the same year.
"An account of the author's agricultural experiments in the cultivation of rutabaga, or Russia, or Swedish turnip ... ": pt. 1, chap. 2.
"Mr. Hulme's Journal, made during a tour in the western countries of America, in which tour he visited Mr. Birkbeck's settlement ... ": pt. 3.
|Description:||3 v. ; 22 cm.|
|Responsibility:||by William Cobbett.|
- Birkbeck, Morris, -- 1764-1825. -- Letters from Illinois.
- Birkbeck, Morris, -- 1764-1825. -- Notes on a journey in America.
- Agriculture -- United States -- 19th century.
- United States -- Description and travel.
- United States -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- United States -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.