|提及的人：||Nelson Mandela; Nelson Mandela; Nelson Mandela|
David James Smith
|注意：||Subtitle from dust jacket.
Originally published: Great Britain : Weidenfeld & Nicolson, 2010.
|描述：||405 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.|
|其他题名：||Young Mandela the revolutionary years.|
|责任：||David James Smith.|
Nelson Mandela is well known throughout the world as a heroic leader who symbolizes freedom and moral authority. He is fixed in the public mind as the world's elder statesman, the gray haired man with a kindly smile who spent 27 years in prison before becoming the first black president in South Africa. But Nelson Mandela was not always elderly or benign. And, in this book, the author takes us deep into the heart of racist South Africa to paint a portrait of the Mandela that many have forgotten: the committed revolutionary who left his family behind to live on the run, adopting false names and disguises and organizing the first strikes to overthrow the apartheid state. This work lifts the curtain on an icon's first steps to greatness.
- Mandela, Nelson, -- 1918-2013.
- South Africa -- Politics and government -- 1948-1961.
- South Africa -- Politics and government -- 1961-1978.
- Apartheid -- South Africa -- History.
- Anti-apartheid movements -- South Africa -- History.
- Political prisoners -- South Africa -- Biography.
- Civil rights workers -- South Africa -- Biography.
- African National Congress -- Biography.
- Mandela, Nelson, -- 1918-
- South Africa -- Politics and government.
- Anti-apartheid movement -- South Africa -- History.
- Civil rights -- South Africa -- Biography.
- African National Congress.
- Anti-apartheid movements.
- Civil rights workers.
- Political prisoners.
- Political science.
- South Africa.