Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Young people and social policy in Europe
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Lorenza Antonucci; Myra Hamilton; Steven Roberts
|Description:||1 online resource|
|Contents:||1. Introduction: Young People and Social Policy in Europe: New and Old Transitions; Myra Hamilton, Lorenza Antonucci and Steven Roberts --
2. Constructing a Theory of Youth and Social Policy; Lorenza Antonucci, Myra Hamilton and Steven Roberts --
PART I: PRECARITY, SOCIAL EXCLUSION AND YOUTH POLICY IN EUROPE --
3. The Complex Nature of Youth Poverty and Deprivation in Europe; Eldin Fahmy --
4. At risk of deskilling and trapped by passion: a picture of precarious highly-educated young workers in Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom; Annalisa Murgia and Barbara Poggio --
5. Social exclusion, risk and the UK youth labour market; Clive Sealey --
6. Young people at work in Greece before and after the crisis;Lefteris Kretsos --
7. The impacts of employment instability on transitions to adulthood: The mileuristas young adults in Spain; Alessandro Gentile --
PART II: CHANGING TRANSITIONS, WELFARE SOURCES AND SOCIAL POLICIES --
8. Labour market risks and sources of welfare among European youth in times of crisis; Lara Maestripieri and Stefania Sabatinelli --
9 Have Nordic welfare regimes adapted to changes in transitions to adulthood? Unemployment insurance and social assistance among young people in the Nordic welfare states; Anna Angelin, Timo Kauppinen, Thomas Lorentzen, Olof B̃ckman, Pasi Moisio, Espen Dahl, Tapio Salonen --
10. The Dualisation of Social Policies towards Young People in France: Between Familism and Activation; Tom Chevalier and Bruno Palier --
11. Young adults' transitions to residential independence in Britain: the role of social and housing policy; Ann Berrington and Juliet Stone --
12. Life-course policy and the transition from school to work in Germany; Walter R. Heinz --
13. Youth transitions, precarity and inequality and the future of social policy in Europe; Lorenza Antonucci and Myra Hamilton.
|Series Title:||Work and welfare in Europe.|
|Responsibility:||edited by Lorenza Antonucci, Myra Hamilton, Steven Roberts.|
"This is a very useful and important book. It properly gets to grips with some of the most critical challenges facing young people in the light of the recent economic crisis. Rather than
- Youth -- Europe -- Social conditions -- 21st century.
- Europe -- Social conditions -- 21st century.
- Europe -- Social policy -- 21st century.
- Social conditions.
- Social policy.
- Youth -- Social conditions.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE / Discrimination & Race Relations
- SOCIAL SCIENCE / Minority Studies
- Social welfare & social services -- Europe.
- Age groups: adolescents -- Europe.
- Employment & unemployment -- Europe.
- Labour economics -- Europe.