|类型/形式：||Picture books for children
Biography Juvenile literature
|提及的人：||Thomas A Edison; Thomas A Edison; Thomas A Edison|
|奖励：||School Library Journal Starred Review (2005); Notable Children's Trade Books in the Field of Social Sciences (2006).|
|描述：||1 volume (unpaged) : illustrations (some color) ; 29 cm|
From the lightbulb to the phonograph to the movies, Thomas Edison was the mastermind behind many inventions that are taken for granted today. But how did he grow up to be a legendary inventor? Michael Dooling explores the origins of Edison's scientific genius: his interest in mixing chemicals-sometimes with explosive results-his diligence in his work as a paperboy, and his difficulty paying attention in school. Through his clear text and stunning illustrations, Dooling presents a fascinating and compelling portrait of the man who has been called America's greatest inventor and entrepreneur.
- Edison, Thomas A. -- (Thomas Alva), -- 1847-1931 -- Juvenile literature.
- Edison, Thomas A. -- (Thomas Alva), -- 1847-1931 -- Childhood and youth -- Juvenile literature.
- Inventors -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Electrical engineers -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Edison, Thomas A. -- (Thomas Alva), -- 1847-1931.