WorldCat Identities

Raffin, E.

Overview
Works: 15 works in 38 publications in 4 languages and 62 library holdings
Roles: Author
Publication Timeline
.
Most widely held works by E Raffin
Technologie générale professionnelle classe de 4e industrielle des collèges techniques, section mécanique, écoles nationales professionnelles by Édouard Raffin( Book )

6 editions published between 1955 and 1958 in French and held by 12 WorldCat member libraries worldwide

Technologie générale professionnelle de mécanique by E Raffin( Book )

5 editions published between 1969 and 1978 in French and held by 9 WorldCat member libraries worldwide

Technologie générale professionnelle de mécanique ... by Edouard Raffin( Book )

3 editions published between 1969 and 1975 in French and held by 8 WorldCat member libraries worldwide

Technologie générale professionelle by Édouard Raffin( Book )

7 editions published between 1955 and 1964 in 4 languages and held by 5 WorldCat member libraries worldwide

Technologie générale professionnelle de mécanique by Édouard Raffin( Book )

4 editions published between 1969 and 1972 in French and held by 5 WorldCat member libraries worldwide

Coupe des métaux - Machines-outils : collèges d'enseignement technique, préparation au B.E.P. mécanique et by E Raffin( Book )

1 edition published in 1972 in French and held by 5 WorldCat member libraries worldwide

Technologie générale professionnelle : classe de 1re I. et T. I., lycées techniques (section mécanique), 3e année des C.E.T., cours professionnels by E Raffin( Book )

2 editions published between 1963 and 1964 in French and held by 4 WorldCat member libraries worldwide

Technologie générale professionnelle : par E. Raffin, J.-R. Berthiau ... 2e édition. Classe de 3e industrielle des lycées techniques, section mécanique by Édouard Raffin( Book )

3 editions published between 1955 and 1961 in French and held by 4 WorldCat member libraries worldwide

Technologie générale professionnelle de mécanique B.E.P.C.A.P by Édouard Raffin( Book )

1 edition published in 1972 in French and held by 4 WorldCat member libraries worldwide

37. Two distinct phenotypes of corticomotor hand representation in human motor cortex( )

1 edition published in 2017 in English and held by 1 WorldCat member library worldwide

Abstract : Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) can be used to map the corticomotor representations of hand muscles in the precentral motor-cortex (PMC). The spatial peak of the corticomotor representations is often not located in the primary motor cortex (M1HAND), but shows an anterior shift towards the dorsal premotor cortex (PMd) 1. Here we used magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to test the hypothesis that the PMC shows different structural and functional properties in individuals with a clear "premotor" representation compared to individuals with a preponderant "primary-motor" representation of hand muscles. MRI-measurements and neuronavigated-TMS were performed on twenty-four volunteers (mean age: 24.3 ± 0.9 SE, 12 women). Participants underwent structural MRI to evaluate cortical thickness and curvature of the PMC. We also performed fMRI to evaluate precentral functional activation in the hand-knob during a simple motor task. Sulcus-shape based TMS-mapping was used to obtain mediolateral and posterior-anterior corticomotor excitability profiles of the left abductor-digiti-minimi and first-dorsal-interosseus muscles. In 14 out of 24 individuals (58%), TMS mapping disclosed a clear spatial peak in the stimulation lines overlying the PMd, whereas the remaining 10 subjects (42%) showed maximal motor responses more posteriorly along M1HAND. During fMRI, the "premotor" group displayed a stronger task-related activation in the PMd relative to the "primary-motor" group (p = 0.002). No difference between two groups was evident for curvature and cortical thickness. The results confirm that many individuals have a more premotor corticomotor representation of small hand muscles when measured with TMS. This premotor is associated with a stronger premotor activation during simple movements. This association supports the notion of two distinct functional phenotypes of corticomotor hand representations in human PMC: a primary motor and a premotor phenotype
Technologie générale professionnelle : préparation au brevet de technicien, B.E.P. mécanique générale, brevet professionnel by E Raffin( Book )

1 edition published in 1980 in French and held by 1 WorldCat member library worldwide

 
moreShow More Titles
fewerShow Fewer Titles
Audience Level
0
Audience Level
1
  Kids General Special  
Audience level: 0.89 (from 0.63 for Coupe des ... to 0.98 for Technologi ...)

Associated Subjects
Alternative Names
Raffin, Édouard

Languages