Front cover image for Gies collection on the history of dental education, [ca. 1916-1950]

Gies collection on the history of dental education, [ca. 1916-1950]

William J. Gies' correspondence relating to the founding (in 1916) and administration of the Columbia University School of Dentistry (renamed the School of Dental and Oral Surgery in 1923), 1916-1920s, and to the JOURNAL OF DENTAL RESEARCH, ca. 1916-1950. Chief correspondents include Gies, William B. Dunning, and, to a lesser extent, Henry Sage Dunning. Related manuscripts, minutes, printed material, and miscellaneous documents are included
Archival Material, English, 1916