The works of the Rev. P. Doddridge.
Print Book, English, 1802(-1805)
By Edward Baines; for Conder, Bucklersbury; Button, Williams, Baynes, Ogle, Jones, London; Baines, & Binns, Leeds; Colbert, Leeds, 1802(-1805)
10 volumes 1 volume ; 23 cm
1. Orton's memoirs of the life of Dr. Doddridge; The rise and progress of religion in the soul; Christianity founded on argument; An address on the importance of family religion
2. Sermons on the education of children; Sermons to young persons; Sermons on the power and grace of Christ; Sermons on regeneration; Sermons on the doctrine of salvation by grace through faith; Sermon on Christ's invitation to thirsty souls
3. Sermons on public occasions; Ordination sermons; Funeral sermons; Hymns
4. Life of Colonel Gardiner; A friendly letter to the private soldiers in the battle of Culloden; A dissertation on Sir I. Newton's chronology of the evangelists; A dissertation on the inspiration of the new testament; Free thoughts on the means of reviving the dissenting interest; Principles of the christian religion in plain and easy verse; Life and character of the Rev. Thomas Steffe; A course of lectures on pneumatology, ethics and divinity
5. A course of lectures on pneumatology, ethics and divinity (continued); Lectures on preaching and the several branches of the ministerial office; Letters on various subjects; A table of such scriptures as are illustrated in these works; General index to the first five volumes
6. The family expositor, containing the former part of the history of our Lord Jesus Christ, as recorded by the four evangelists, disposed in order of harmony
7. The family expositor ... and also a paraphrase on the former part of the acts of the apostles
8. The family expositor, containing a paraphrase on the remaining part of the acts of the apostles; the epistle of St. Paul to the Romans; and part of his first epistle to the Corinthians
9. The family expositor, containing a paraphrase on the remaining part of the first epistle of St. Paul to the Corinthians ..
10. The family expositor, containing a paraphrase on the second epistle of St. Paul to Timothy
Vol. 1, 1802; 2-48 1803; 5-7, 1804; 8-10, 1805. Orton's life 1st pubd Shrewsbury 1766. List of subscribers (vol. 10, pp. 615-622). Press-figures: (e.g.) 2 (ii. 100, 124, 140 &c.), 3 (84, 92, 108, 116, 148 &c.). Signatures of 'E. Crowther, 1829'