Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Dust jackets (Bindings)
|Material Type:||Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Awards:||Association for Library Services to Children 2013 Notable Children's Book|
|Target Audience:||Middle School|
|Description:||228 pages : illustrations, maps ; 26 cm|
|Contents:||The realization. " I am a Jew and will be a Jew forever" ; Hitler in power : Germany, 1933-1938 --
Saving the future. "While you have breath" ; Hitler's campaign for world domination ; In the forests --
In the ghettos. "Broken people" ; The Final Solution --
In the camps. "During the cold nights" ; Transit camps ; Labor camps ; Concentration camps ; Death camps --
Partisan warfare. "This song was written with our blood, and not with lead" ; Harassing the enemy ; Phantom patriots ; The occupation of Greece ; Young warriors --
"I am a Jew and will be a Jew forever."
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
A very interesting book about the Jewish Resistance during World War II. The acts of courage by the Jewish people to save their children and their future are riveting. For those interested in World War II history this book gives an inside view of the resistance that is pretty much untold in history...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Jews -- Rescue -- Juvenile literature.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Jewish resistance -- Juvenile literature.
- Righteous Gentiles in the Holocaust -- Juvenile literature.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Juvenile literature.
User lists with this item (8)
- Holocaust Remembrance(42 items)
by dkrexon updated about a month ago
- Lowther: Year 10 Power and Justice(35 items)
by lowtherlrc updated about a month ago
- Orbis Pictus Nonfiction Award(222 items)
by ccicchetti updated 2016-02-22
- World War II(76 items)
by firstname.lastname@example.org updated 2015-11-17
- 5th Grade(178 items)
by busygoddess updated 2015-02-24