Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Criticism, interpretation, etc
Records and correspondence
|All Authors / Contributors:||
James A Davis
|Description:||x, 290 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.|
|Contents:||Introduction: Civil War musicians Charles, Jere, Osman and Herbert George --
September to December 1862: enlistment; military district of Washington; Offutts Crossroads; and Poolesville, Maryland --
January to June 1863: Poolesville, Maryland --
June to December 1863: pursuit of Lee; Bristoe campaign; Mine Run campaign; and Brandy Station --
January to May 1864: winter quarters, Brandy Station; the wilderness; and Spotsylvania --
May to July 1864: North Anna River; Cold Harbor; Petersburg, Virginia; and Monocacy, Maryland --
August to November 1864: Shenandoah Valley campaign --
December 1864 to April 1865: Petersburg, Virginia --
April to June 1865: Sailor's Creek; Appomattox court house; Danville, Virginia; and Burlington, Vermont.
|Responsibility:||Charles George, Herbert George, Jere George and Osman George ; edited by James A. Davis.|
- United States. -- Army. -- Vermont Infantry Regiment, 10th (1862-1865)
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Music and the war -- Sources.
- Military music -- United States -- History and criticism -- 19th century -- Sources.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives.
- Vermont -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories.
- Vermont -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories.
- Soldiers -- Vermont -- Correspondence.
- Military music.
- Music and war.
- Regimental histories.
- United States.