Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Leonard, Laurence B.
Children with specific language impairment.
Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, ©1998
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Laurence B Leonard
|Notes:||"A Bradford book."|
|Description:||1 online resource (viii, 339 pages).|
|Contents:||1. Introduction --
2. Characterizing the language deficit : basic concepts --
3. The language characteristics of SLI : a detailed look at english --
4. SLI across languages --
5. Evidence from nonlinguistic cognitive tasks --
6. Auditory processing and speech perception --
7. The genetics and neurobiology of SLI --
8. The linguistic and communicative environment --
9. Problems of differential diagnosis --
10. The nature and efficacy of treatment --
11. SLI as a deficit in linguistic knowledge --
12. SLI as a limitation in general processing capacity --
13. SLI as a processing deficit in specific mechanisms --
14. Why study SLI revisited.
|Series Title:||Language, speech, and communication.; Bradford book.|
|Responsibility:||Laurence B. Leonard.|
Leonard does not limit his study to English, but shows how SLI is manifested in speakers of other languages. Although his focus is on children, he also discusses adults who exhibited SLI as children, as well as parents of children with the disorder whose own language abilities became the object of study.
- Language disorders in children.
- Language Disorders.
- Langage, Troubles du, chez l'enfant.
- MEDICAL -- Pediatrics.
- HEALTH & FITNESS -- Children's Health.