Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Muth, Jörg, 1967-
Denton : University of North Texas Press, 2011
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9781574413649 1574413643 1283394987 9781283394987|
|Description:||1 online resource (x, 366 pages) : illustrations, portraits|
|Contents:||Prelude: Military relations between the United States and Germany and the Great General Staff fantasy --
The selection and commissioning of officers --
No "brother officers": cadets at the United States Military Academy at West Point --
"To learn how to die": Kadetten in Germany --
Intermediate advanced education and promotion --
The importance of doctrine and how to manage: the American command and General Staff school and the overlooked infantry school --
The importance of the attack and how to lead: the German Kriegsakademie --
Education, culture, and consequences --
Author's afterword --
Officers' rank index.
- United States. -- Army -- Officers -- Training of -- History -- 20th century.
- United States. -- Army -- Recruiting, enlistment, etc. -- History -- 20th century.
- Military education -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Military education -- Germany -- History -- 20th century.
- Germany -- Armed Forces -- Officers -- Training of -- History -- 20th century.
- Germany -- Armed Forces -- Recruiting, enlistment, etc. -- History -- 20th century.
- TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING -- Military Science.
- HISTORY -- Military -- Other.
- United States. -- Army
- Armed Forces -- Officers -- Training of
- Military education
- United States