Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Document Type:||Sound Recording|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Duke Ellington; Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra.; Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.
"The arrangements are exact transcriptions of the Duke Ellington Orchestra's recordings, as noted. These recordings are interpretations by the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra"--Container insert, p. .
"These pieces were chosen for the Fifth Annual Jazz at Lincoln Center Essentially Ellington High School Jazz Band Competition & Festival"--Container insert, p. .
For educational purposes only. Not available for commercial sale or braodcast.
|Performer(s):||Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra, Wynton Marsalis, Music Director, Trumpet.|
|Event notes:||"Tracks 1, 2, 4, 6, and 7 were recorded live at Boettcher Hall, Denver, CO, 3/26/99; tracks 3 and 5 were recorded live at McCarter Theater, Princeton, NJ, 5/10/99"--Container insert, p. .|
|Description:||1 audio disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Contents:||1. Anitra's dance (from Peer Gynt Suite) / by Edvard Grieg, Duke Ellington and Billy Strayhorn (2:53) --
2. The Mooche / by Duke Ellington and Irving Mills (3:37) --
3. The peanut vendor / by Moises Simons ; arr. by Dick Vance (5:08) --
4. Perdido / by H.J. Lengsfelder, Ervin Drake and Juan Tizol (4:33) --
5. SST IX : the star-crossed lovers / by Duke Ellington and Billy Strayhorn (3:49) --
6. Concerto for Cootie / music by Duke Ellington (3:46) --
7. The Shepherd (who looks over the night flock) / by Duke Ellington (7:30).
|Series Title:||Jazz at Lincoln Center library.|