Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Jewish subjects and their tribal chieftains in Kurdistan.
Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2007
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9789047422129 9047422120 9004161902 9789004161900|
|Description:||1 online resource (xix, 375 pages) : illustrations, map.|
|Contents:||pt. 1. Urban Jews and their tribal aghas --
pt. 2. Rural Jews and their tribal aghas --
pt. 3. Some aspects of daily and personal life --
pt. 4. The last generation in Kurdistan : between WWI and the immigration to Israel.
|Series Title:||Jewish identities in a changing world, v. 9.|
|Responsibility:||by Mordechai Zaken.|
WorldCat User Reviews (3)
Jews in Iraqi Kurdistan and the Kurdish tribal society
- 72 of 72 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
The Jews of Kurdistan - a historical salvation study
Mordecai Zaken has provided an enormous service to all those interested in Jewish Kurdish history and the status of minorities in the Middle East. It not only makes an invaluable resource for specialists (as the title of the book seems to imply) but the intimate stories he retells after hundreds...
- 138 of 138 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
Jews and Tribal Kurds in Iraqi Kurdistan during the 20th century
The book by Mordechai Zaken has been seen as a major contribution to the study of the recent history of the region of Iraqi Bahdinan (Kurdistan) and a significant contribution to the history...
- 128 of 128 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Jews -- Kurdistan -- History.
- Jews -- Kurdistan -- Identity -- History.
- Jews -- Kurdistan -- Social conditions.
- Chiefdoms -- Kurdistan -- History.
- Kurdistan -- History.
- Kurdistan -- Ethnic relations.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE -- Anthropology -- Cultural.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE -- Discrimination & Race Relations.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE -- Minority Studies.
- Ethnic relations.
- Jews -- Identity.
- Jews -- Social conditions.
- Middle East -- Kurdistan.