|ISBN:||9780062065247 0062065246 9780062213877 0062213873|
|獎賞：||National Book Award Winner.|
|描述：||321 pages ; 24 cm|
When his mother, a tribal enrollment specialist living on a reservation in North Dakota, slips into an abyss of depression after being brutally attacked, 13-year-old Joe Coutts sets out with his three friends to find the person that destroyed his family. Sunday in the spring of 1988, a woman living on a reservation in North Dakota is attacked. The details of the crime are slow to surface as Geraldine Coutts is traumatized and reluctant to relive or reveal what happened, either to the police or to her husband, Bazil, and son, Joe. Increasingly alone, Joe finds himself thrust prematurely into an adult world for which he is ill prepared. While his father, who is a tribal judge, endeavors to wrest justice from a situation that defies his efforts, Joe becomes frustrated with the official investigation and sets out with his trusted friends, Cappy, Zack, and Angus, to get some answers of his own. Their quest takes them first to the Round House, a sacred space and place of worship for the Ojibwe. And this is only the beginning.
- Indian women -- Crimes against -- Fiction.
- Ojibwa Indians -- North Dakota -- Fiction.
- Indian reservations -- Fiction.
- Indian families -- Fiction.
- Life change events -- Fiction.
- FICTION / General.
- Indian families.
- Indian reservations.
- Indian women -- Crimes against.
- Life change events.
- Ojibwa Indians.
- North Dakota.
- Psychisches Trauma
- North Dakota
- New Books ENG(95 資料)
由 BrookensLibrary 已更新 大約9小時前
- National Book Awards for Fiction and Poetry(64 資料)
由 Frohringacquisitions 已更新 大約三週前
- UNO-YA Realistic Fiction(170 資料)
由 UNO-YA 已更新 大約一個月前
- indigenous, Americas(148 資料)
由 schusterp 已更新 2015-06-30
- "P" Lamson's Newest Acquisitions in Language and Literature(444 資料)
由 LamsonFitz 已更新 2015-06-19