Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||Previously published : London : John Murray, 2008.|
|Awards:||Runner-up for Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2009.
Shortlisted for Guild of Food Writers Awards: Food Book of the Year 2009.
Shortlisted for Andre Simon Memorial Fund Book Awards 2008.
|Description:||xiv, 384 p. : ill., map ; 25 cm.|
|Contents:||German ham and English pickles --
Jug of wine, a loaf of bread --
Government mustard --
Pink margarine and pure ketchup --
Mock goslings and pear-nanas --
Basmati rice and baby milk --
Epilogue: Adulteration in the twenty-first century.
One of Choice's Outstanding Academic Titles for 2009 Shortlisted for the 2008 Andre Simon Book Awards "British food writer Bee Wilson's new book Swindled could not have been published at a more
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Swindled: The Dark History of Food Fraud, from Poisoned Candy ...
Review of Swindled: The Dark History of Food Fraud, from Poisoned Candy to Counterfeit Coffee by Bee Wilson in 2008 published by Princeton University Press (Princeton & Oxford).
Reviewer: Dr W. P. Palmer
I very much enjoyed this book, which I purchased to see what it added...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Food contamination -- History.
- Food industry and trade -- History.
- Food contamination -- History
- Food contamination -- Prevention
- Food industry and trade -- History
- Food contamination.
- Food contamination -- Prevention.
- Food industry and trade.
User lists with this item (8)
- A. David Wunsch Science, Technology and Society Collection at UMass Lowell(4 items)
by UMLLibraries updated 2015-12-17
- A. David Wunsch Collection at UMass Lowell Libraries(184 items)
by UMLLibraries updated 2015-10-22
- ILL Future List(489 items)
by sankeym updated 2014-12-23
- Things to Check Out(72 items)
by fielden updated 2012-10-13
- Food around the world(15 items)
by amyvecchione updated 2012-05-17